The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Maine.
We recommend contacting the Maine Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Maine Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Maine
- Completed License Application
- Criminal Records Check form
- Credit Card Application if authorizing payment of fees by VISA or MasterCard.
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be at least 18 at time of application for the license.
- Complete the pre-license course Introduction to Real Estate with a minimum final grade of 75%.
- Application for the sales agent license must be made within one (1) year of completion of the course or pass the sales agent licensing examination.
2) Find A Maine Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. Locate a Maine Real Estate School.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Maine Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Maine Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Maine Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.