The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Mississippi.
We recommend contacting the Mississippi Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Mississippi Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Mississippi
- Must be a resident of Mississippi when the application is submitted.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must complete 60 hours of state approved prelicense education.
Pass a course final exam with a score of at least 70%.
- Complete and return the Application for Resident Salesperson License
- Upon notice of application approval, pass the state licensing exam with a 75%
Once you pass the state licensing exam , you will receive a temporary license that will expire one year from licensing. Within that year, you must complete the 30 hour post-license education requirement. Upon successful completion of the post-license requirement, you will receive your permanent license at your renewal time.
2) Find A Mississippi Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting or online from the comfort of your own home; the online version allows you to finish at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists online real estate schools for your state.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Mississippi Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Mississippi Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Mississippi Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.