The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements established by the Alberta Real Estate Council for how to get your real estate license in Alberta.
We recommend contacting the Real Estate Council of Alberta for more detailed information and for any changes which may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Alberta Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Alberta
- Be a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Resident Card/Work Permit
- Have a Canadian high school diploma or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age and fluent in English
- Successfully complete the pre-licensing course, Real Estate Agent’s Program, facilitated through the Alberta Real Estate Association (AREA). For Alberta real estate license course details and information, please contact AREA.
- Successfully complete the provincial qualifying exam
- Establish a relationship with a licensed real estate brokerage and make an application for registration through that brokerage to the Real Estate Council of Alberta
- Provide a certified criminal record check with the licence application
- Previous bankruptcies, criminal record, and other issues of personal suitability may prevent your entry to the profession.
2) Find An Alberta Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your Alberta real estate license. Locate an Alberta Real Estate School.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Alberta Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview with Keller Williams Realty. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career in Alberta.