The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Colorado.
We recommend contacting the Colorado Department Of Real Estate for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Colorado Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Colorado
All applicants for an original real estate license shall show evidence satisfactory to the Commissioner:
An associate broker must be employed and supervised by an employing broker or on inactive status. You must meet the requirements listed below as they pertain to your Current Status.
- 48 Hours in Real Estate Law and Practice
- 48 Hours in Colorado Contracts and Regulations
- 8 Hours in Trust Accounts and Record Keeping
- 8 Hours in Current Legal Issues
- 24 Hours in Real Estate Closings
- 32 Hours in Practical Applications
- Pass entire broker exam
2) Find A Colorado Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting or online from the comfort of your own home; the online version allows you to finish at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists online real estate schools for your state.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Colorado Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Colorado Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Colorado Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.