The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Florida.
We recommend contacting the Florida Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Florida Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License in Florida
- To be eligible for licensure, one must be at least 18 years of age and hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Successfully complete a FREC-approved pre licensing course for sales associates (Course I) consisting of 63 hours and covering the topics required by the FREC. (The course is valid for licensure purposes for two years after the course completion date.)
- Minimum grade of 70% is required on the end-of-course examination.
- Pass the Florida Real Estate Sales Associate examination with a grade of at least 75 or pass the Florida Real Estate Law Examination with a grade of at least 30.
- Submit a completed RE 2050-1 form to activate the license, otherwise the license is issued in an inactive status. If you want to immediately begin working as a sales associate, submit the completed RE 2050-1 form at the examination site. Otherwise, submit the RE 2050-1 form to the Division of Real Estate.
2) Find A Florida Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting or online from the comfort of your own home; the online version allows you to finish at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists online real estate schools for your state.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Florida Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Florida Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Florida Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.