How To Get Your Real Estate License | Georgia
The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license
We recommend contacting the Georgia Real Estate Commission
for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Georgia Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Georgia
- Each applicant for an original real estate license (sales, associate broker or broker) or for an instructor license must provide a copy of the GCIC report, not more than 60 days old, when applying for a license.
- Applicants may acquire a GCIC report from the local sheriff’s office or the police department. In some counties, the report is available only from the probate court. Depending on the law enforcement agency, there may be a waiting period for the report. Some agencies may charge a fee of up to $25 for the report.
- Be 18 years of age,
- Have a High School Diploma,
- Complete a 75 hour, state approved, prelicense course, OR
- Complete 10 quarter hours or 6 semester hours in real estate courses at an accredited college or university (usually only real estate department or law school courses will meet this qualification).
- Pass a course final exam (grade of 75 required to pass), and
- Pass the state exam (grade of 75 required to pass).
2) Find A Georgia Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting
or online from the comfort of your own home; the online version allows you to finish at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists online real estate schools
for your state.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Georgia Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application
4) Schedule And Pass Your Georgia Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Georgia Real Estate Exam
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career