How To Get Your Real Estate License | Illinois
The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license
We recommend contacting the Illinois Division Of Professional Regulation
for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Illinois Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Illinois
- Be at least 21 years old or 18 year old*
- Have graduated from high school or obtained the equivalent of a high school degree
- Have successfully completed the 45-class hour Real Estate Transactions course
- Pass a course and state final exams
- Take a 45 hour Real Estate Transaction course
*If you are at least 18 years of age, you have to have successfully completed at least 4 semester of post-secondary school study as a full time student or the equivalent, with major emphasis on real estate courses, at a school approved by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
2) Find An Illinois Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting
or online from the comfort of your own home; the online version allows you to finish at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists online real estate schools
for your state.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Illinois Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application
4) Schedule And Pass Your Illinois Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Illinois Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career