The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Indiana.
We recommend contacting the Indiana Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Indiana Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Indiana
- Be at least 18 years of age before applying for a license and must not have a conviction for:
- an act that would constitute a ground for disciplinary sanction under IC25-1-11;
- a crime that has a direct bearing on the individual’s ability to practice competently; or
- a crime that indicates the individual has the propensity to endanger the public;
- Have successfully completed courses in the principles, practices, and law of real estate, totaling 8 semester credit hours, or their equivalent, as a student at an accredited college or university or have successfully completed an approved salesperson course as provided by the commission
- Apply for a license by submitting the fee prescribed by the commission and an application
- Pass a written examination prepared and administered by the commission or its duly appointed agent; and
- Submit not more than 1 year after passing the written examination, a sworn certification of a principal broker that the principal broker intends to associate with the applicant and maintain that association until notice of termination of the association is given to the commission.
2) Find An Indiana Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. Locate an Indiana Real Estate School.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Indiana Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Indiana Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Indiana Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.