The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Iowa.
We recommend contacting the Iowa Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Iowa Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Iowa
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must complete a f commission approved course of at least 60 hours during 12 months prior to taking the examination
- Must be recommended by an affiliating broker to be granted a license
- Must be assigned to a licensed broker or firm and cannot conduct business independently
- Pass a state exam
- Submit application and appropriate fee
2) Find An Iowa Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license in Iowa. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting or online from the comfort of your own home; the online version allows you to finish at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists online real estate schools for your state.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Iowa Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Iowa Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Iowa Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.