The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Kansas.
We recommend contacting the Kansas Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Kansas Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Kansas
- 18 or more years of age
- high school diploma or its equivalent
- 30-hour Principles of Real Estate course approved by the Kansas Real Estate Commission
- (Effective 7/1/07) fingerprints, waiver form and $64 cashier’s check or money order payable to KREC to obtain KBI/FBI background checks.
Click the following link for FAQs regarding fingerprint/background checks.
- (Effective 7/1/07) 30-hour Kansas Practice course approved by the Kansas Real Estate Commission (file certificate of completion with license application to KREC within 6 months of course completion date)
- pass both parts (general and state) of the Kansas licensing examination within 12 months of the completion date of the Principles of Real Estate course
- file an application for license within four months of the examination pass date (if the two parts of the examination were passed on different dates, the four-month time period begins from the earlier examination date) (Effective 7/1/07, the filing deadline will be extended to six months.)
- license application signed by a supervising or branch broker who certifies that the applicant is honest, trustworthy and of good reputation and who will be responsible for supervising the applicant’s real estate activities (an original license cannot be issued on inactive status)
- file a nonresident form with the license application, if applicable
- file a current certification of license from any jurisdictions that have ever issued a real estate license to you with the license application
2) Find A Kansas Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting or online from the comfort of your own home. The online version allows you to finish at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists online real estate schools for your state.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Kansas Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Kansas Real Estate Exam
Schedule when you submit your application.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.