The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Louisiana.
We recommend contacting the Louisiana Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Louisiana Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Louisiana
- be at least 18 years of age
- have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED)
- show proof of successful completion of ninety (90) hours of real estate education in courses approved by the LREC
- comply with all application procedures required by the LREC
- pass the real estate salesperson licensing examination
- be sponsored by a licensed real estate broker and provide proof of errors and omissions insurance prior to license issuance.
2) Find A Louisiana Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. Locate a Louisiana Real Estate School.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Louisiana Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Louisiana Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Louisiana Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.