How To Get Your Real Estate License | Rhode Island
The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license
in Rhode Island.
We recommend contacting the Rhode Island Department Of Business Regulation
for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Rhode Island Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Rhode Real Estate License In Rhode Island
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must complete 45 hours of a real estate course given by a school licnesed by the Department of Business Regulations
- Must file a statement under oath on the application by a broker with a Rhode Island license in good standing attesting to the fact that the individual is competent and trustworthy and a suitable person to be licensed.
- Must have three references (legal residents) not related to the applicant that are property owners and have known the applicant for at least three years certifying to the applicant’s good reputation for honesty and trustworthiness.
- Non-Residents must file an irrevocable power of attorney form for service of process. (Power of Attorney Form)
- Must complete a 3 hour course in lead poisoning/lead hazard mitigation
- Must successfully pass the real estate salesperson examination.
2) Find A Rhode Island Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. Locate a Rhode Island Real Estate School
3) File Your Application To Take Your Rhode Island Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application
4) Schedule And Pass Your Rhode Island Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Rhode Island Real Estate Exam
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career