The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Tennessee.
We recommend contacting the Tennessee Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Tennessee Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Tennessee
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Successfully complete an approved 60 hour real estate education course in real estate principles/fundamentals.
- Pass a course final exam with a score of at least 70%.
- Successfully pass the Affiliate Broker state examination . (The TN REC does not allow anyone on parole or probation to be scheduled for the state examination unless two years have passed from the date of expiration or probation, conviction or release from incarceration, whichever is later.)
- Successfully complete an approved 30 hour “Course for New Affiliates” prior to their license being issued and a letter or certification of completion of this course must be submitted with the license application.
2) Find A Tennessee Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting or online from the comfort of your own home; the online version allows you to finish at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists online real estate schools for your state.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Tennessee Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Tennessee Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Tennessee Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.