The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in the state of Texas.
We recommend contacting the Texas Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in becoming a licensed sales agent or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Texas Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Texas Real Estate License
To be eligible to apply for a real estate Salesperson License, an individual:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien
- Must be a legal resident of Texas
- Must furnish the Commission evidence of completion of the following education:
- Principles of Real Estate core real estate course (60 classroom hours)
- Law of Agency core real estate course (30 classroom hours)
- Law of Contracts core real estate course (30 classroom hours)
- An additional core real estate course (30 classroom hours)
- Another four semester (60 classroom) hours in core courses or in related college courses acceptable to the Commission.
2) Find A Texas Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. You can either take your courses in a classroom setting or online courses from the comfort of your own home; the online classes allow you to finish your real estate education at your own pace and from anywhere. For your convenience, Real Estate Web Schools lists Texas accredited online real estate schools.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Texas Real Estate Exam
To obtain an evaluation of your education documents, submit the form, Request for Evaluation of Education Documents. After the Commission has notified you of successfully completing your real estate education and passing the necessary background check, you may then file and pay for the Application for Inactive Salesperson License.
4) Schedule And Pass Your Texas Real Estate Exam
Schedule your Texas Real Estate Exam.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your Texas real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview with Keller Williams Realty. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.