The information below is a summary of the minimum education, experience and examination requirements for how to get your real estate license in Washington DC.
We recommend contacting the Washington, DC Real Estate Commission for more detailed information and for any changes that may have occurred in the licensing process or the steps in how to get your real estate license.
Follow These Steps To Get Your Washington, DC Real Estate License
1) Verify License Requirements For How To Get Your Real Estate License In Washington DC
To obtain a real estate salespersons license, candidates must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Complete 60 clock hours of pre-licensing education.
- After successfully completing the course with a passing grade, candidates are required to pass a national and state exam administered by ASI/Promissor (contracted by the District of Columbia to handle testing).
- Candidates must apply for their real estate license within one year of passing the ASI/Promissor exam.
2) Find A Washington DC Real Estate School
Find a school to learn how to get your real estate license. Locate a Washington DC Real Estate School.
3) File Your Application To Take Your Washington DC Real Estate Exam
Submit your Real Estate License Application.
4) Schedule & Pass Your Washington DC Real Estate Exam
Submit with your application.
5) Set Up Your Interview With Keller Williams Realty
Once you have scheduled your real estate exam, contact us to set up your confidential interview. You owe it to yourself to see all that KW has to offer your new real estate career.