When it comes to building a real estate business, there’s more than just one way. In fact, you can take your business from zero to six figures in good time if you follow any one of several good to great plans. Here are 10 ways you can build your real estate business this year, increase your income and become an all-star with your broker.
Simple Ways To Build And Grow Your Real Estate Business
- Build a database – As they say, the money is in the list. Develop a list of prospects, upload it online, and automate your marketing.
- E-mail your prospects regularly – Don’t just build a database and let it sit. Do something with it. If you send out a regular e-mail blast with useful high value content, you’d be surprised how responsive those hot leads are.
- Send more CMAs – Take a look at past prospects. Was anyone on the fence? Did you sell a house, or buy one, for a client? Send them a quick CMA and interest them in upgrading, selling, or making a new transaction.
- Leverage promotional swag – Have a handful of coffee mugs, branded notepads, or other promotional products made and send them out to your top prospects with a note saying, “I thought you’d like this.”
- Start or join a Nextdoor group – Go to Nextdoor and look for a group in your area. If there isn’t one, start one.
- Plan an appreciation get-together – Invite all of your most important clients to a public event where you show your appreciation, hand out gifts, and share your lives together. Have some snacks and drinks on hand. Let them know you appreciate all they do for your business.
- Analyze your business plan – Look at your business overall to see what’s working, what’s not, what you can improve upon, and to figure out what it will take to get you to the next level.
- Participate on social media – If you haven’t already joined the popular social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.), do so. Like, share, and comment on the posts of your clients and prospects. Be a good net citizen and participate 21st century style.
- Do something different – Get uncomfortable. Do something you don’t normally do. Go to a bar and chat with the bartender, join a book club or a Meetup group, or sponsor a little league club. Do something you don’t normally do and see what happens.
- Go traditional – Traditional marketing still works. Get out and knock on doors, call expired listings, send out mailers, rent a billboard, and close the sale.
There’s no excuse for not succeeding in your real estate business. Pick a handful of these 10 business-building techniques and give them a try.